Technical data sheet
New generation, high range water reducing/superplasticising admixture
Superplasticizer is classified as a high range water reducing/superplasticising admixture according to SANS 50934-2:2011 (EN 934-2:2009). The admixture thus induces the following major effects on a concrete mix:
- Without affecting the consistence, permits a high reduction in the water content of a given concrete mix or
- Without affecting the water content increases the slump/flow considerably or Produces both effects simultaneously.
- Can be used to manufacture a wide range of concrete.
- Superplasticizer is compatible with most types of cement.
- The early compressive strength of concrete is increased as a direct result of the lower water/cement ratio.
- Assists in the placing of concrete (even without a vibrator).
- Pre-stressed concrete.
- Readymix concrete.
- Precast concrete.
- Industrial beams.
- Slab bases.
- The optimum dosage of Superplasticizer can only be established by carrying out trial tests, taking into account local conditions affecting the workability of the fresh mix and the mechanical properties required of the concrete
– By volume: 0.23 to 1.87 ℓ per 100 kg of cementitious material (including extenders).
– By weight: 0.25 to 2 kg per 100 kg cementitious material (including extenders).
– By volume: 0.23 to 1.88 ℓ per 100 kg of cementitious material (including extenders).
– By weight: 0.24 to 2 kg per 100 kg cementitious material (including extenders).
- Superplasticizer is completely miscible in water.
- Superplasticizer 100 should never be added to dry cement or to components of a mix that are dry.
- Health and safety: This product is classified as harmless.